Tuesday, March 20, 2012

i so very much miss living at the oregon coast.

after living there 9 years it is in my blood. i am now back living in the beautiful valley of my youth, and i do love it here, and there are definitely more opportunities here in many ways...but i can't step outside and smell the crisp salt air of the ocean, or experience the indescribable awe-inspiring beauty every day.

alot of people i met at the coast who either grew up there or had been living there more than a year would say to me, "i hardly even go to the beach anymore, it's just kinda 'blah' now."  i always wondered what was wrong with them.

if i hadn't moved back and gotten a regular job for a while i would never have met the woman who will become my wife in a couple of months, so i don't regret moving away...but i am working toward building the sales of my glass art to the point that i can support both of us if need be, and we can move back to the coast. selling wholesale and over the internet can make that happen.

in the mean time, i am excited about working with other glass artist and friends in the area, which i also wouldn't be able to do had i not moved back. i am happy with the current situation, and am savoring it- even though i do hope in the future to be back on the shores my heart yearns for.

this is the first time in my life that i am dreaming of a future that is different than the present moment, while simultaneously being perfectly happy with where i am. i used to just be unhappy with my life and wish it would change- but did little to make that happen. now i seem to be happy with my life, while recognizing that life is change, and that i can help steer my future toward the vision of how i want it to be, since it will indeed change whether i want it to or not.

maybe this is that "personal growth" they talk about...sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment